Originally published in 1997 to celebrate 25 years of operating the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line, "The Como-Harriet Story" tells the story of the original Como-Harriet line of the Twin City Rapid Transit company. This storied line was the second of four TCRT lines to connect downtown Minneapolis with downtown St. Paul in Minnesota. Between 1906 and 1932 cars continued westward to Excelsior, Deephaven, and Tonka Bay on Lake Minnetonka. Service ended in 1954 when the route was converted to buses.
In 1970 the Minnesota Transportation Museum began re-laying track along a portion of the line near Lake Harriet in Minneapolis. Museum service began in 1971 on a few hundred feet of track and expanded over time to about one mile of track in operation with an original streetcar today.
Minnesota Streetcar Museum is a spinoff of the Minnesota Transportation
Museum which originally published the book. More details about the
museum are available at: https://www.trolleyride.org